Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Jonathan James and the What If Monster



Recommended ages: 3-7, everyone! :)
Good for kids who like: monsters, trying new things or scared to try new things, getting over fears, picky eaters

This is by far one of my favorite books I've come across so far. It's a children's book but the story is something that resonates with every single person. We all have those moments when we say, "but what if something goes wrong?" and so does Jonathan James. His little What If monster follows him around and every time he thinks he wants to try something, his What If monster casts doubts. What if my painting is awful? What if this food is yucky? What if they all laugh? But in the end, enough is enough. Jonathan James is tired of hearing those what ifs and decides he's going to go for it. And guess what folks? The results are surprisingly pleasant. The painting wins an award, that food is delicious and Jonathan James makes a new best friend. 

Seriously a very cute story about turning those negative what ifs into positive ones. Because really, what if everything turns out great? I think everyone should read this book. I bought this book in paperback, and now I want the hardcover version. And hey, there's a matching plush (look how cute he is!). I don't own him, but I plan to soon. I mean, you know... for E.






No comments:

Post a Comment